The Sisters of the Precious Blood are deeply saddened over the murders of George Floyd and Ahmaud Arbery. We condemn the ongoing violence amassed against our black brothers and sisters. Through our prayer and advocacy, we seek justice for them and too many others who have been targeted and treated unfairly as people of color. We know that we, as a mostly white congregation, as well as our Catholic Church, societal institutions and our country’s citizens must look inward to understand our implicit biases and our role in systemic racism. This is a necessary first step in dismantling this persistent sin in our country. We concur with and support Pax Christi USA’s May 28 statement about Floyd’s death and the evils of racism.
- April 2, Palm/Passion Sunday, Indominable: a Sunday Scriptures blog
- March 26, 5th Sunday of Lent, Rising: a Sunday Scriptures blog
- March 19, 4th Sunday of Lent, Blindness: a Sunday Scriptures blog
- March 12, 3rd Sunday of Lent, Living Water: a Sunday Scriptures blog
- March 5, 2nd Sunday of Lent, The Lord: a Sunday Scriptures blog