The Sisters of the Precious Blood are deeply saddened over the murders of George Floyd and Ahmaud Arbery. We condemn the ongoing violence amassed against our black brothers and sisters. Through our prayer and advocacy, we seek justice for them and too many others who have been targeted and treated unfairly as people of color. We know that we, as a mostly white congregation, as well as our Catholic Church, societal institutions and our country’s citizens must look inward to understand our implicit biases and our role in systemic racism. This is a necessary first step in dismantling this persistent sin in our country. We concur with and support Pax Christi USA’s May 28 statement about Floyd’s death and the evils of racism.
- October 8, 27th Sunday in Ordinary Time, Vineyards: a Sunday Scriptures blog
- October 1, 26th Sunday in Ordinary Time, Giving All: a Sunday Scriptures blog
- September 24, 25th Sunday in Ordinary Time, Filled: a Sunday Scriptures blog
- September 17, 24th Sunday in Ordinary Time, Forgiving: a Sunday Scriptures blog
- September 10, 23rd Sunday in Ordinary Time, Omissions: a Sunday Scriptures blog