The Sisters of the Precious Blood are deeply saddened over the murders of George Floyd and Ahmaud Arbery. We condemn the ongoing violence amassed against our black brothers and sisters. Through our prayer and advocacy, we seek justice for them and too many others who have been targeted and treated unfairly as people of color. We know that we, as a mostly white congregation, as well as our Catholic Church, societal institutions and our country’s citizens must look inward to understand our implicit biases and our role in systemic racism. This is a necessary first step in dismantling this persistent sin in our country. We concur with and support Pax Christi USA’s May 28 statement about Floyd’s death and the evils of racism.
- 15th Sunday in Ordinary Time, July 12: Fertile soil, a Sunday Scriptures blog
- 14th Sunday in Ordinary Time, July 5: Simple Gift, a Sunday Scriptures blog
- 13th Sunday Ordinary Time, June 28: Family, a Sunday Scriptures blog
- 12th Sunday Ordinary Time, June 21: Fear not, a Sunday Scriptures blog
- Solemnity of the Body and Blood of Christ, June 14: Eucharist, a Sunday Scriptures blog