The Sisters of the Precious Blood are deeply saddened over the murders of George Floyd and Ahmaud Arbery. We condemn the ongoing violence amassed against our black brothers and sisters. Through our prayer and advocacy, we seek justice for them and too many others who have been targeted and treated unfairly as people of color. We know that we, as a mostly white congregation, as well as our Catholic Church, societal institutions and our country’s citizens must look inward to understand our implicit biases and our role in systemic racism. This is a necessary first step in dismantling this persistent sin in our country. We concur with and support Pax Christi USA’s May 28 statement about Floyd’s death and the evils of racism.
- 20th Sunday in Ordinary Time, August 16: One World, a Sunday Scriptures blog
- 19th Sunday in Ordinary time, August 9: Storms, a Sunday Scriptures blog
- 18th Sunday in Ordinary Time, August 2: Bread, a Sunday Scriptures blog
- 17th Sunday in Ordinary Time, July 26: Pearls, a Sunday Scriptures blog
- 16th Sunday in Ordinary Time, July 19: Weeds, a Sunday Scriptures blog