The Sisters of the Precious Blood are deeply saddened over the murders of George Floyd and Ahmaud Arbery. We condemn the ongoing violence amassed against our black brothers and sisters. Through our prayer and advocacy, we seek justice for them and too many others who have been targeted and treated unfairly as people of color. We know that we, as a mostly white congregation, as well as our Catholic Church, societal institutions and our country’s citizens must look inward to understand our implicit biases and our role in systemic racism. This is a necessary first step in dismantling this persistent sin in our country. We concur with and support Pax Christi USA’s May 28 statement about Floyd’s death and the evils of racism.
- December 10, 2nd Sunday of Advent, Prepare: a Sunday Scriptures blog
- First Sunday of Advent: “Come Down!”
- December 3, 1st Sunday of Advent, Hope: a Sunday Scriptures blog
- November 26, Jesus Christ, King of the Universe, Our Home: a Sunday Scriptures blog
- November 19, 33rd Sunday in Ordinary Time, Risk: a Sunday Scriptures blog