In this time of division and unrest in our country, we pray for our country and for our elected leaders. May division become unity and the unrest lead to peace with reconciliation. This is a daunting task to be accomplished over time, with each person doing their part. We must all begin today. Not to be overlooked is the coronavirus pandemic that is now ravaging our country. Only with citizens and leaders working together will we be able to “establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity” (Preamble to U.S. Constitution). We renew our commitment to the common good. We pray daily that the healing may begin and that the United States will be, once again, a light to others in our world.
- March 26, 5th Sunday of Lent, Rising: a Sunday Scriptures blog
- March 19, 4th Sunday of Lent, Blindness: a Sunday Scriptures blog
- March 12, 3rd Sunday of Lent, Living Water: a Sunday Scriptures blog
- March 5, 2nd Sunday of Lent, The Lord: a Sunday Scriptures blog
- February 26, 1st Sunday of Lent, Temptation: a Sunday Scriptures blog